Monday, November 30, 2009

Why exactly do children make up imaginary friends?

Is there any kind of psychology behind children who make up imaginary friends?Why exactly do children make up imaginary friends?
I think that lonely children that don't ';fit in'; make imaginary friends so that they feel like they have someone to talk to.


My second theory..


Some children make up imaginary friends just to brag about how cool their's is compared to their friends'.


I don't really know for sure... I never had an imaginary friend.Why exactly do children make up imaginary friends?
no idea... i had a fairy as an imaginary friend when i was younger xD





...she had nice shoes





ooh ok ive just thought of a psychological reason!





it could be because young children dont have very good social skills and tend to like things done their way, not realising that they cant have it all, but if they have an imaginary friend they get to control what their ';friend'; says and does with no disagreements ;)





ooh get me xD
It is their way to entertain themselves. In some situations, children think that their imaginary friend is the only one who can understand (emotionally) them. Their ';friends'; help them deal with whatever may happen in their young lives. Sometimes it is what they wish they could be (like a princess).
most of the children that make up imaginary friends are because they're lonely. I've never had one.





Die Bob!


.鈽?br>

/ 鈻孿 ';';';';||';';||%26lt;I


./ \





let's kill bob, and all his mutant babies. yay! :D
I still make up imaginary friends and I left childhood behind a long time ago... =D





Jay x
Who says they're imaginary? They could be talking to spirits or their spirit guide or angels.
Because their parents didn't love them enough.
Good question. I never had one so I couldn't tell you.
Maybe they are lonely?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
skin rash