Monday, November 30, 2009

Why is it that if your are quite on the job, people make up rumours about you?

I have heard so many rumours about people on the job that was not true that I knew personally! I heard that one of my associates is gay on the job, and the other one, a lady, is sleeping around on the job with a lot of men that work on my job. I heard that a lady is gay as well, I heard a guy whisper this to another person while walking to my office.The gay rumour I know is popular with black men that speak very proper, which my friend does.Why is it that if your are quite on the job, people make up rumours about you?
Great minds talk about ideas, mediocre minds talk about events, small minds talk about other people.





I will leave it at that.Why is it that if your are quite on the job, people make up rumours about you?
Rumours always lead to gossip and gossip always ends up coming back to bite the rumour-starter in the a s s. They are created due to many reasons such as boredom, jealousy, envy, etc. There's nothing you can do except attempt to put matters straight with those who started it. Confrontation can be a real b*tch for some people, which in the long run is what they need.
It's so true! I'm quiet at work and this one woman says ';It's the quiet ones you have to watch!'; whilst scrutinizing me closely. I did mention that I used to have a girlfriend and now they reckon I live some kind of kamikaze life involving sex with anything that moves. I want to say 'all because I like women, doesn't mean I live a promiscuous life!', I have been single for over a year.
Office gossip. I hate it. I try to stay out of it and I get labled as mean and nasty.





But unlike the largest gossips in the place, I've never called into the big bosses office to get yelled at.





It all works out.
err......





If you don't talk people become agitated and take it upon themselves to define your character which is usually for the worse...


Can't people just be coy without actually being twistingly profound?
Its probably because if your quiet your not likely to say anything back to the people who make up rumours. If your loud and popular, your gonna say something, arent you!? x
They will talk regardless. In my experience, it's the one's with the most f*cked up lives that start the rumors.
It sounds like the people you work with aren't exactly staying busy doing what they are paid to do if they have enough time to nurture all these rumors.
People like that think its easier to pick on people thats not going to stand up for themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
skin rash