Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Can I make up my own set of HT leads for my BMW K1100RS?

A new set of HT leads costs over 拢100 for my BMW K1100RS. That's a lot of money. Can I make my own set? Would normal plug caps made for a car be OK? Has anyone else done this successfully?Can I make up my own set of HT leads for my BMW K1100RS?
What! Non-OEM parts on a BMW? For shame! The white-coated gods of beemerdom will frown upon you, and you will lose the right to attach velcro all over your dashboard.


Certainly, you can make your own. the only trick will be the coil connection. Try to keep the cable lengths about the same (you don't want to develop resistance issues).


Much better to use the OEM part, if you can, though. The little rondel emblem brings luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
skin rash