Monday, June 21, 2010

Catholics- did you have to make up sins to confess when you were a little kid?

Or were you like me-


A little wise guy with plenty of sins to go round.Catholics- did you have to make up sins to confess when you were a little kid?
Little kids have plenty of sins, especially those of disobedience.Catholics- did you have to make up sins to confess when you were a little kid?
I'm no longer Catholic, but yes I used to make up sins. I never wanted to go to Confession, but I went to Catholic school and every so often, the Catholic kids were forced into the confessional. I was a pretty good kid. I would confess most of my sins, but I got grief for confessing too little. So, I made stuff up to get the priest off my back. I remember I said I hid my mother's mittens because I was mad at her (I never did). I never really took thereligion seriously, especially that I needed a intermediary to have a relationship with God.
%26lt;%26lt;Catholics- did you have to make up sins to confess when you were a little kid?%26gt;%26gt;





Nope, didn't have to. I had real sins to confess, like everyone else.








%26lt;%26lt;Or were you like me- A little wise guy with plenty of sins to go round.%26gt;%26gt;





Not quite that either. I was somewhere in between the two extremes.
I always tried to downplay mine because i went to a catholic school and i was afraid the priest would tell my teachers and i would get detention or something.


i always said something like, ';sometimes maybe i am a little bit mean to my sister';
I did. If you didn't give the priest something he made you do way much more penance.





He'd say something like ';you're not being honest with god.'; Actually, the whole experience help me question religion in general and helped contribute to me being atheist.
No, but I always just used the same old generic sins like fighting with my brothers and my sister or lying or swearing. Little kids don't have very interesting sins.
No. I did some things that needed forgiveness. At 7 or 8 you are capable of sinning, though it's not really necessary to go as often as when you become a sinning adult ;-)
made up... and obviously made up... i have retired from the catholic world now =]








lets see the vengeful thumbs down =D
But lying is a SIN! (Of course, then you'd have something to confess the next time.)
nope
I never wanted to tell my sins so I made up ones. Plus some of my sins were really stupid like ';i liked 3 people at the same time'; when I was like 10 so....
Yes, actually. When I was eight I didn't even know what sin meant, so I just said that I hit my sister every time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
skin rash