Monday, June 21, 2010

Components that make up a typical chloroplast?

I need to write the structure/function for the components that make up the chloroplast.





I found for Stroma, Granum, Thylakoid, Lamella, and Lumen





I don't know what the structure and function of the inner membrane and outer membrane...:( :(


Can you please help me find this answer! I looked in the book and the web! :(





( chloroplasts have a double membrane)





Thanks. I really really appreciate it.Components that make up a typical chloroplast?
Both the inner and outer membranes would have similar structures: both would be phospholipid bilayers between 6 and 8 nm thick. There is a space (the intermembrane space) between the two layers. These membranes control permeability of the cell to ions and other small metabolites, and contain integral trasport proteins for specific proteins and other molecules.





Historically, the double membrane is thought to have developed because of endosymbiosis. More information on endosymbiosis can be found at:


http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Endosymbion鈥?/a>

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
skin rash