Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Do you think my senior year will be able to make up for my low GPA and test scores?

I'm starting my senior year next week. I'm in 2 AP courses, 1 honors, and a foreign language, German. This is my first time taking honors, AP, and a foreign language. Since these are more challenge courses, would colleges look at this when deciding whether to accept me. I have a 2.7 GPA and an 800 SAT (not including writing) and about an 1100 including writing.Do you think my senior year will be able to make up for my low GPA and test scores?
I think it matters more than you might think. When you go for college admissions visits, I would explain that you are doing better in your senior year and taking harder courses etc. Colleges like to know that you are trying hard your senior year.





I know from experience that your sat score isn't everything. One of my best friends did horrible on his SAT's and was still able to get into Gannon because of his high school grades.





Apply to a bunch of different schools, some you don't think you will be able to get into, and some fall back colleges just in case. You never know what might happenDo you think my senior year will be able to make up for my low GPA and test scores?
Unless you delay your school applications by one year, colleges will not see your senior grades. Even if they did, the top GPA you could earn, with straight As, is ~3.0, which is insufficient for a selective college.





You've shot your wad...
yeah i was the same way and i started doing great my senior yeat and it changed my overall gpa
  • adware remover
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

     
    skin rash